June 9, 2020
Are you tired of looking in the mirror to see yellow teeth staring back at you? This common problem is why many people turn to teeth whitening in Richardson. From drinking too many dark-colored, stain-causing beverages to smoking to poor oral hygiene, tooth discoloration is not an abnormal sight for most dentists. While there are many do-it-yourself kits you can purchase at your local drug store, the results you will achieve with a professional will prove far greater. Spend some time learning about what is causing your teeth to yellow and how seeking the help of a cosmetic dentist can have you seeing a brighter, whiter smile.
Why Do Teeth Turn Yellow?
There are many reasons why your teeth can become yellow, some of which include:
- Dark-Colored Foods and Beverages: Tea, soda, coffee, red wine, spices, and sauces can cause staining and discoloration on your teeth if not removed with brushing immediately after consuming.
- Smoking: If you smoke or use tobacco products regularly, you can expect the nicotine to cause yellowing as well as increase your risk for gum disease, tooth decay, and other health conditions.
- Overuse of Fluoride: Known as a beneficial mineral that combats tooth decay and strengthens enamel, too much fluoride can cause your teeth to stain and become discolored.
- Teeth Grinding: When suffering from teeth grinding (bruxism), your tooth enamel will begin to wear down, exposing the layer beneath your tooth enamel (dentin). This can make stains much more apparent.
What Are the Benefits of Teeth Whitening?
Knowing what can cause your teeth to become yellow and dull can help you learn what you should and should not do in the future but what can you do to fix your current problem? The answer is teeth whitening. This popular cosmetic solution allows patients to achieve a whiter, brighter smile in less time and enjoy longer-lasting results.
You can expect to experience a multitude of benefits by choosing this method of treatment, especially when it comes to improving your overall aesthetic. The most common advantages you’ll notice are:
- Increased self-esteem that allows you to exude the confidence you need when meeting with others
- Opting for professional teeth whitening will ultimately save you more money in the long run because you won’t be wasting time or money on products that don’t deliver high-quality results
- You will be less likely to experience tooth sensitivity when allowing a professional to administer your whitening treatment
- It puts the focus back on your smile and not on other areas of your face that may appear less youthful (i.e. wrinkles, crow’s feet)
Don’t let yellow teeth keep you from enjoying time spent with family and friends. Be mindful of the do’s and don’ts when it comes to avoiding yellow teeth and let teeth whitening give you the new and improved smile you deserve.
About the Author
At McDougal and Richards Dentistry, our team of expert dentists and staff want to help every person who walks through our doors achieve happier, healthier smiles. To accomplish this, they offer various services that are designed to enhance and improve an individual’s aesthetics. By offering teeth whitening treatments, patients can watch their smiles brighten in less time. If you are considering cosmetic dentistry as a way to address your discolored teeth, contact us at (972) 231-5376.
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.